Friday, May 28, 2010

Trains in the yoga room, Music outside

My son has lately been setting up his trains in my yoga/meditation room. And these past few days, building trains over my asana, sometimes reaching for puja items to use as parts of structures. He has picked up his trains and tracks, and then rebuilt. While a part of me would potentially talk with Oliver that puja items aren't toys and are to be reserved for special uses, I also recognize they are in a sense toys that I am using. I move them from one place to another, filling them with things, emptying them, and chanting, in my time that I might call free. And yet isn't time always free. For we are always free to choose how to be in it, how to be with it, how to engage life through and during it.

But back to the trains in the meditation room...
I am intrigued that he is drawn to play there. He has his own room to play in, the dining room table, the kitchen counter, the living room, the music room. Our house is a bit boundaryless in some ways and so he may just think it is another place to play. But the energy in this room is thicker and quiet, still, though alive, breathing even. He used to come in when I meditated and sit on my lap for a bit. When I was pregnant with him, I called him my Buddha because I always felt so peaceful, in his presence. How is it we are drawn towards one thing and not another?

My daughter plays music and creates the Ollie plays trains, all over the house, and outside and shines in the sweetness of daily practice. What beauty, I am grateful. May each of us be drawn to our hearts' contents, truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home